Position - Senior Marine Structural Engineer
Position Type - Full-time, Salary
Availability - Immediate
Westmar Advisors Inc. is looking for an experienced Senior Marine Structural Engineer to lead the assessment and development of various maritime infrastructure solutions. The chosen candidate will be a seasoned engineer with a high degree of demonstrated technical proficiency in structural engineering. Extensive experience with marine infrastructure across the Pacific Northwest and the ability to work well with project managers, business managers, and project support functions such as drafting and project administration are critical. This role contains a project management component as well as direct involvement in quality assurance and technical oversight of designs and deliverables. The ability to work well with clients, peers, and government agencies is important and experience in this area is an asset.
- Lead the design development and execution of marine and industrial infrastructure projects covering the entire project lifecycle ranging from concept development to commissioning;
- Manage front end studies and assist clients with project development;
- Develop technical documentation including but not limited to basis of design, engineered drawings, specifications and reports;
- Provide oversight and quality assurance of deliverables;
- Provide contract administration, technical oversight and field reviews during project execution as mandated by regulatory authorities;
- Coordinate with clients, regulatory bodies, team members, sub-consultants and contractors to realize project objectives;
- Adhere to Project and Company safety policies.
- A degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- 15+ years of experience in the engineering of ports, harbors, industrial facilities and waterfront developments.
- Registered or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia as a professional engineer.
- Experience with marine/coastal conditions and related infrastructure across British Columbia.
- Post-graduate degree in civil and/or structural engineering.
We look forward to hearing from you, please send resume with covering letter to