Position - Junior Structural Engineer
Position Type - Full-time, Salary
Availability - Immediate
Westmar Advisors Inc. (Westmar) is looking for a Junior Structural Engineer to join our team. The chosen candidate will be eligible to work as an Engineer in Training (EIT) in British Columbia and will be technically proficient in structural engineering. They will also be familiar with the nature of maritime and/or transportation infrastructure development in the Pacific Northwest. The ability to receive mentorship effectively and engage productively with project managers, peers, clients, and other professionals is important. Experience in the Pacific Northwest and in working outdoors at operating industrial facilities and/or construction environments is an asset.
- Assist in the detailed design of maritime and/or transportation structures.
- Contribute to project deliverables including design criteria, drawings, construction specifications.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and assist in the preparation of capital cost estimates.
- Provide field services to support projects during construction.
- On occasion, assist with structural inspections and prepare inspection reports.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Work with managers and engineers to assist with cost estimates and project scheduling.
- Engage with clients, subconsultants, contractors and regulatory agencies through meetings and direct communication.
- Contribute to a diverse and positive workplace through positive, value-driven interactions with other team members.
- A degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia as an EIT.
- Post-graduate degree in civil and/or structural engineering.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with existing and potential clients.
- Strong communications skills, including proficiency in technical writing.
We look forward to hearing from you, please send resume with covering letter to