Position - Intermediate Structural Engineer
Position Type - Full-time, Salary
Availability - Immediate
Westmar Advisors Inc. (Westmar) is looking for an Intermediate Structural Engineer to join our team. The chosen candidate will be a Professional Engineer with technical proficiency in structural engineering and experience in the development of maritime and/or transportation infrastructure. The ability to manage small projects and engage clients, other professionals, and government agencies is important. Experience in the Pacific Northwest and in working outdoors at operating industrial facilities and/or construction environments is an asset.
- Execute detailed design of maritime and/or transportation structures.
- Generate project deliverables including design criteria, drawings, construction specifications, and reports.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and assist in the preparation of capital cost estimates.
- Provide field services to support projects during construction.
- On occasion, assist with structural inspections and prepare inspection reports.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Work with managers to determine client requirements, prepare proposals, develop cost estimates, and assist with project scheduling.
- Engage with clients, subconsultants, contractors and regulatory agencies through meetings and direct communication.
- Contribute to a diverse and positive workplace through positive, value-driven interactions with other team members.
- A degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the engineering of maritime and/or transportation infrastructure.
- Registered or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia as a Professional Engineer.
- Post-graduate degree in civil and/or structural engineering.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with existing and potential clients.
- Strong communications skills, including proficiency in technical writing.
We look forward to hearing from you, please send resume with covering letter to