Position - Intermediate Coastal Engineer
Position Type - Full-time, Salary
Availability - Immediate
Westmar Advisors Inc. (Westmar) is looking for an Intermediate Coastal Engineer to join our team. The chosen candidate will be a Professional Engineer with technical proficiency in coastal engineering and experience in supporting the development of maritime and/or transportation infrastructure. The ability to manage small projects and engage clients, other professionals, and government agencies is important. Experience in the Pacific Northwest and in working outdoors at operating industrial facilities and/or construction environments is an asset.
- Analysis and modelling of coastal processes including winds and waves, hydrodynamics, currents and circulation, sediment transport, dispersion, and morphology.
- Design of structures such as breakwaters, floating attenuators, outfalls, jetties and seawalls.
- Dynamic and static mooring analysis, marina design, site characterization, instrument deployment, data collection, environmental impact assessment and physical modelling.
- Generate project deliverables including design criteria, drawings, specifications, and reports.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of proposals in response to client needs or market opportunities.
- Provide field services to support projects during construction.
- On occasion, assist with structural inspections and prepare inspection reports.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Work with managers to determine client requirements, prepare proposals, develop cost estimates, and assist with project scheduling.
- Engage with clients, subconsultants, contractors and regulatory agencies through meetings and direct communication.
- Contribute to a diverse and positive workplace through positive, value-driven interactions with other team members.
- A degree in Civil, Coastal or Ocean Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in coastal engineering and consulting.
- Registered or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia as a Professional Engineer.
- Post-graduate degree in coastal engineering.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with existing and potential clients.
- Strong communications skills, including proficiency in technical writing.
We look forward to hearing from you, please send resume with covering letter to